Sunday, November 04, 2007

Here we are in Tuscany!

Greetings from Tuscany. Grace and I just finished two very nice days in Siena, which is a medium-size city halfway between Rome and Florence. We liked it much better than Rome. It was beautiful, clean, and not nearly as crowded.

We are about to drive to another town about an hour away, San Gimignano, known as the city of towers. I am quite nervous as my Italian road sign reading isn't as strong as I might like. But I have a good navigator at my side, and we will figure out how to get there one way or another.

We'll probably check back in from Florence after we arrive there on Monday, but in the meantime, here are a few recent pics.



This is from a hilltop in Rome overlooking St. Peter's Cathedral and the Vatican.


Here is the few out the window from our hotel in >Siena. It was incredible.


Here is the main Duomo (church) in Siena. Churches here seem to come in three sizes--big, bigger, and biggest.



Grace and I climbed to the top of the watchtower in the center of the city and Grace took this photo from there. I couldnĂ t quite make it to the top on account of the heights and wind, but Grace was brave and took one for the team photo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the updates. So glad you're having a good time. Keep the pics coming!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great. So glad you're having a nice time. Everthing is fine here. Snow maybe Wed. love ya Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

looks gorgeous! enjoy the rest of your trip!